Traveller, Heathen, Gin Drinker, Fair Weather Mountain Man & Retired Geologist
I have spent the last 20 years traveling the world; unfortunately I forgot to write most of it down.
Never mind; I will just have to do it all again!
Born in the divided Kingdom of Little Britain, now a citizen of the great Republic of Locombia. Born and bred in the South West of England. Refined and educated the world over.
I been living in the Republic of Colombia with my crazy family since 2013. In true British fashion without speaking a single world of Spanish. OK I exaggerate, I am almost fluent in Spanglish but I dont like to boast.
I love to sample the fine beverages of the world and try authentic local dishes. To counteract this institution of gluttony, I walk, walk and walk some more. Hiking and trekking the hills and mountains of the world is my personal utopia. It is therapy, inspiration and motivation rolled into one.
- Founding managing director of the Abiotic, Biotic & Cultural Tourism. A responsible and sustainable tourism nonprofit organisation.
- I currently work as an editor for the Travel Mono website, which specialises in family friendly travel, news, lifestyle and travel information.
- In Colombia I manage and curate a small art gallery selling imported European contemporary art.
- I proofread and edit my wife’s new travel blog.
- I am the owner/author of a website called Mosquito Life which specialises in mosquito control and prevention.
- I work as a freelance writer on various projects as required.
Feel free to look me up on Linked-in. It will be great to connect with you.